Friday 27 June 2014

First impression: no7 stay perfect foundation

Hi everyone! Today am I giving my opinions and first impressions on the boots no7 "stay perfect" foundation, but before I say what I think, here is what no7 says:

"up to 24 hours wear for a non-stop complexion complexion"
 They say it is a semi-matte finish

 I do agree with the semi-matte finish and it does look great for MOST of the day, by 11/12 hours I did start to see some oil. Please remember this may work different for different people but I have a normal/combination skin with redness and pigmentation marks.

I will insert pictures and say what's going on.


So this is before I have applied any makeup- only skincare. You can see I have dark circles, pigmentation and uneven skin tone.



this is straight after application at 8am. It has covered my pigmentation fairly well, I chose not to use a primer,concealer and powder just so we can get a good idea of how it wears. It looks great! Medium coverage but it doesn't look or feel thick at all, not sticky and blush and bronzer applied evenly on top.




So this is two hours later and there isn't much I can say! It looks exactly the same as when I first applied, blush and bronzer still as vibrant. Thumbs up so far!!




So here is it 5:30 and I had the foundation on for 8.5 hours? I had been down to the studio, worked
for a few hours, ate and came back home and it still looks great! I did start to SIGHTLY get oily and the coverage has started to sheer out a bit. You can see my acne marks a bit more now, but I didn't conceal them at the start of the day. By bronzer has started to go very slightly patchy but overall for a fulls days wear I'm very happy at this point! I kept it on for a little while longer just to see...


Final check in: in this picture you can see that it's a little more oily in the t-zone and redness and pigmentation in my cheeks, it's hardly covered at all now, but as a whole for 12
hours wear it still looks better than most of my foundations! It's not patchy, it's not overly greasy, my skin tone is still pretty much even, not clung to dry patches and best of all it hasn't accentuated my pores.

Final thoughts: if you want a foundation to last 24 hours, I don't think this is the one for you... Then again, who wears makeup for 24 hours? If you have a long day ahead and need your makeup to stay in place id say use this with a primer and/or powder and youll be good for at least 12 hours. I think most skin types could use this, if your very dry just make sure to moisturise and if your very oily use a powder. I think this is around £14-£16 which is a bit more than the regular brands boots stock in the self selection. No7 isn't High-end but not low end either! I used a £3 off voucher so got it s little cheaper. If you need a long lasting foundation definately try it out.







Kirsty xx










No comments:

Post a Comment