Friday 20 June 2014

Mac Makeup haul

Hi everyone! So today I got my Mac pro discount (woo hoo) so naturally off I went to mac! For those of you who don't know- Aberdeen's union square shopping centre got Scotland first freestanding store and it is gorgeous! The staff were very helpful and helped me choose products that I was looking for.


 Let's get onto what I bought! First of all I knew I had to get the mineralised skin finish in "soft and gentle" this is raved about in the beauty community and boy was I missing out! It is a beautiful champaign/gold colour highlight. It would suit so many skin tones and I can't wait to use this on my brides!

 Next I got the "prep and prime" translucent setting powder (pressed). I got this as I also work at a photography studio and get woman of all colours coming to get their makeup done. I was assured this does not make lovely dark skin go ashy. If this is true it saves me buying coloured powders in lots of different colours, and any way i can save space in my kit is a big plus. I can't say much about it at this point but as with all products I will do individual reviews when I use them more.

I got a "sheer tone blush" in peachy. This is a gorgeous peach colour unlike anything else have in my kit. It's sheer so not to intimidating to the everyday woman but can be built up. I love these shades for fair ladies like myself (I did try it on and it's Stunning!!)

 I also got a "pro longer" concealer in NC30. Do I even need to explain this product?! I already have it in another shade and it's my go to for my brides and people who have got a long day ahead. This is great both under the eyes or on the face. As the name implies it lasts all day, look great on the skin and most importantly looks good on camera. Love this concealer.

Finally in mac I picked up a mini fix+. Firstly what I want to say about this product is that it is not a makeup setting spray but a refresher. It's basically water mixed with botanicals and glycerin etc. I had never tried this product before so I wanted to give it a go. Like the Blush I have tried it this evening and I will undoubtedly be going back for the large size. I will use it after applying all powder products to get rid of the "powdery" look to the skin and make it all blend together more seamlessly and to wet an eyeshadow brush if I want to intensify them. It looks amazing on the skin and would be a life saver if you work where there is air con or is very hot. Instantly makes your makeup look how it did when you first applied it. Who doesn't want that??

Also as you can see I sneaked in the smashbox "full exposure" palette. I will give this palette a post of its own when I try it out some more. (heads up... I love it!!)

That's all for now so I hope your all having a great day and I'll post again soon

Kirsty xx













No comments:

Post a Comment