Saturday 5 July 2014

Morning skincare routine

Hi everyone! So I always harp on about how important a good skincare routine is to my clients but it's not as easy as buying a moisturiser and using it once a day. So I'm going to tell you what I use every morning and everynight. What I would like to remind you of is that your doesn't need to be as complicated as mine and I am constantly trying nee things so this changes a lot- for the everyday woman who doesn't work in beauty, find what you like and stick to it!  I'll tell you the products and brands I use and why. I'll also tell you my "lazy" skincare routine.

Typically there are three daily steps then weekly extras:
Cleanse
Tone
Moisturise

Extra:
Mask
Exfoliation

Let's start with my lazy morning skincare to easy you into it!

Cleanser: on a lazy morning I tend to cleanse my face with the garnier micellar water, or the Clarins one step facial cleanser. The Clarins one comes in different skin type formulas and since I have combination skin (oily forehead and norml cheeks) I use the combination to oily formula. The garnier only comes in one type. When I can't be bothered or I can't get to a sink to wash my face, I love these. If I have done a good cleanse the night before l am only getting off what has built up through the night and these do the job nicely.

Tone: if using the Clarins one it has a toner built in so no need, hooray!
If I use my garnier water then I follow with my garnier multi action toner I believe it's called. It clears spots, prevents any more coming through and fades acne marks. It's not too harsh or drying and I love it. I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin, but if anyone wants I can do another post with products for dry skin.

Moisturise: I really like the nivea moisturiser for normal to combination skin. It's in the white amd blue packaging and just does the job. It makes my skin very smooth and makeup goes on nicely on top.

Ok so now let's get onto what I usually do when I wear makeup or have some more time.

Cleanse: I use my philosophy 3 in 1 cleanser. This is really nice and gentle on the skin and doesnt irritate my sensitive skin at all. It doesn't claim to do a million and one things,  but it doesn't need to! It cleans my skin and keeps it breakout free without stripping my skin.
If I don't use that I use my Ren clay facial wash. I use this more when my skin is misbehaving as the clay draws out all impurities. Again not drying. With both I just apply on damp skin and remove with a really warm facecloth to open all my pores and get really clean.

Toner: stays the same

Moisturiser: I like my Clinique dramatically different moisturising lotion+ again doesn't claim to do a million things but I do like how smooth my skin feels! If not this its the nivea one.
When I have more time I also use my simple eyecream to keep away lines and hydrate my eyes. Makeup will apply smoother and my eyes are very dry due to hayfever! :(
At this time I also apply my bodysuit vitamin E chap stick.

Extras:
I don't exfoliate or use a mask in the mornings, I save these for evening to relax when the little one is in bed. I do use the facecloth to buff over my skin when removing my face wash and this is enough for me.

I hope I broke this down enough. Tried to keep it quite simple without using too much complicated terminology. Any questions, let me know!

Kirsty xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment