Thursday 23 April 2015

First impressions: loreal infallible 24hr matte foundation

Hello everyone. Today I was trying out a new foundation so I thought I'd try something new and do a first impressions!
The foundation I am trying is the newest foundation from the loreal line: infallible 24hour matte. I have tried the regulations infallible and really liked it, so thought I'd give this a go.
Price: bargain at just £6 in sainsburys
Shade: 11 vanilla
       

Let's start with what the foundation claims- it says it is a "lightweight. Non-cakey, 24hr matte perfection" ALL TRUE.
When I first applied it my immediate thoughts were that it gave amazing coverage and that it felt really light. 
Let's excuse the grumpy photos- both kids started crying at the same time lol


Even with two layers it felt very light, I was quite surprised as I expected something similar to Estee Lauder double wear.
The shade itself is a fraction too dark for me but porcelain is a tad light so my perfect shade would be a mix of the two, but for the price I don't think most people would mind if they had to mix two! 
So onto the foundation itself:
When I first applied it I absolutely loved it. It gave a full coverage, Covered all my redness and acne scars without looking or feeling too thick. Concealer blended very well over the top and I did not need to set with a powder as it is a true matte finish. When it's dried in (after only a few seconds) it's almost powder like. It's very smooth and soft feeling. I applied the rest of my makeup and was very happy with the finish. 
3.5 hours later

Hmm... Not sure what happened here! The is a huge patch missing from the side of my jaw and I look like I have wrinkles. The rest of my skin still looks good, it's still matte (a little too matte for my liking) I think because this foundation is oil controlling it might be drying our my skin the longer I wear it. It still feels nice and light on the skin. I should point out that since the birth of my son 6 weeks ago my skin has become a lot dryer, I had normal/combination skin while pregnant and combination before that  so I may not be the best person to try this foundation out!
7.5 hours total. 

I had to remove this foundation!! (The camera really doesn't pick up the patchiness and how dry I look). It started feeling tight and irritating, it clung to every single dry patch to my skin and I did exfoliate and moisturise prior to application. The dry patches also turned orange and overall it just didn't look as nice as I'd hope. The foundation was definately still there and showed no signs of wearing off or going anywhere but as I predicted earlier: the longer I wear it the drier I got! However, if you have oily skin this is a good thing!! It means it will absorb the oil throughout the day as your skin produces it- it just so happens my skin isn't producing that oil right now.
Overview:
Pros
- I love the sleek packaging and nozzle
- On the back of the packing it tells you exactly the texture and coverage
- it glided over my pores
- It has some of the best coverage I've seen in high Street foundation in quite a while
- Long wearing
- Very affordable
Cons:
- It dried out my already dry skin and clung to patches
- It felt irritating
- Became pachy after just a few hours 
I have friends with oily skin that absolutely love this, so I'd say if you are combo/oily and are looking for a new high street foundation then give it a go! For £6 even if you hate it, it's no huge loss. I also didn't use a primer so maybe the matching one in this line would have helped the patchiness??
Let me know if there's any other products you'd like a first impressions on. 
Kirsty xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment