Monday 24 November 2014

What's in my kit?!

Hello everyone! So as some of you know, I am expecting my second baby and as a result I can no longer carry around my big suitcase full of products and I've had to massively downsize, so I thought, now is a good time to show you what's made the cut and it may help out potential clients :)

First, what do I use now? 
 I carry my kit around in a large black bag with a shoulder strap and a "zoe??" Bag from zoeva 
It's still not super light but with my amount of products, it won't be!

My brushes.
I'll split this into face and eyes
These are my most commonly used face brushes from foundation, concealer, powder, blush/contour and highlighting. Most of my brushes are from zoeva as I recently bought a huge kit. There are a mix of zoeva, real techniques, inglot, smashbox and bare minerals


Next are my most used eye brushes.  From left-right they are shading brushes, blending/crease brushes, pencil brushes then eyeliner and detail brushes. All from the ranges of brands listed above!

Now to the actual products. First let me explain properly what I do. I am a self employed freelance makeup artist, but I am also a contracted makeup artist for "flash photography studio". Instead of carrying two kits I just carry one and crossover the products. The majority of my high end products are used for my self employment work such as bridal parties and occasion makeup and the highstreet products are mainly for the studio. The highstreet products are still of great quality and there is nothing in my kit that I dislike! 

Primers and foundations.
The primers I use for both types of work and they are my favourite! I have no7 airbrush primer, no7 mattifying primer and the le maquillage makeup base-They all do different things. I then have my le maquillage (MAQ pro) wax foundation palette, makeup forever HD foundation, Bourjois healthy mix foundation and a maybelline fit me to mix into other foundations to deepen them up, but if I'm honest I hardly use it! 
I wanted to say that I used to use Mac foundations for quite a while, but I was just never happy with them. Some were too thick, too cakey, didn't photograph well etc etc... Apart from the face and body foundations! It's light/medium coverage, great for MOB and brides with good skin and its water resistant 
Not sure why benefit erase paste is in this pic?? But it's a very good peach toned concealer to correct under eye circles!

Concealer 
I really like the Mac prolongwear concealer and my light reflecting pens (aren't in this photo) for under the eyes, but to cover blemishes and redness I LOVE the collection lasting perfection 16hr wear concealers. They aren't drying, great colours and last all day and a bargain at £4.19!!
I also use the MAQ palette as a concealer as it's very pigmented. 
I have colour correction concealers that I don't use often, so haven't photographed them.

Powders
Have quite a few for different effects. They all do as they say- mattify, and set the makeup. The bare minerals mineral vale is lovely for people with open pores and the laura mercier under eye setting powder is amazing at stopping concealer creasing and brightening under the eye (also helps diminish the appearance of fine lines) if you can get your hands on it you have to try it! 

Blush/contour/bronzer/highlighter 
Pretty self explanatory what they are! The first product is a pink tones highlighter from bare minerals and the second is a rosy blush- perfect bridal colour :) 

Eyeshadows 
Most of you are probably most interested in my shadows haha. There the the urban decay naked 2&3, urban decay smoked palette, smashbox full exposure palette, my Mac palette (self chosen colours) and two inglot palettes, again I chose each individual colour and put it in the empty palette

Eye primers, bases and eyeliners 

Urban decay primer potion and my soft ochre paint pot if what I mainly use to prime the eyelids before shadow application. My mascara of choice is the max factor false lash elect waterproof and 90%of the eyeliners are the urban decay 27/7 glide on pencils. There is also a few Estée Lauder, Lancôme and Rimmel :)

Finally, lips! 
Now I hope you didn't expect me to go through these?! Let's just say it's a lot of different colours from a lot of different brands!

I hope this answered some of your questions and gave you a little look into my kit. Like I said this is extremely downsized for me and it is the products I use most often. The rest, for now, have been retired to my ikea Alex drawer once again!! 

Thanks for reading, kirsty xx


No comments:

Post a Comment